Friday, May 03, 2013

Arowana

Finally, I kept an Arowana for a long time.  It has grown big.  It eats bread.  It also eats a lot of live fishes.  Because it ate goldfishes and red fishes, it colour has change to red instead of silver.  It is quite fast and always snaps at the food I throw to the pond.  A little scary when I try to pick dead leaves from the netting on top, it actually make sudden move towards my fingers.  My father-in-law knows of friend who was very proud of his prized arowana.  One day his three or four years old son put his hand on top of the tank and it bit off one of his fingers.  The father was so upset that he took his prized arowana to the top of the HDB flat and threw it down.  The son's finger cannot be attached back.

I had tried to keep a few arowanas before.  They all jumped out of the pool and died.  Luckily, they are not the expensive type.  Still, it is $38 a fish.  My current arowana has probably eaten more than $38 worth of small fishes.

No comments: