Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Why Must Price of Haircut go Up for CNY?

Since young, I notice the price of haircut will go up during Chinese New Year.  I tried to beat the price increase in my younger days by not cutting before Chinese New Year.  I thought the price increase was on pre-CNY as most people like to have a "new" haircut for new year.  I was wrong.  I tried to beat the increase by cutting after CNY and the price is still at an increased price.  I do not know why there is such a practice.  At least the new chain like EC House or QB House have flat rates of $10 per cut regardless of Chinese New Year. 

I do not know the reason for price increase.  Are they like bak kwa or bbq pork where price increase everyday until New Year's Eve?  Why should the price be higher since the time to cut the hair stays the same?  Does this mean hairdressers need a CNY bonus?

No comments: