Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Clothes

My wife carry on the tradition her family has, new clothing for new year.  And B1's girlfriend had a coupon for 50% discount in Gap.  So put the two together and she brought B2 and B3 to buy clothing from Gap.  B2 did not like the style in Gap and go to Takashimaya instead to shop.  B1 and B3 got their new clothing from Gap.  As for me, I do not follow new year tradition.  I just wear the old worn out clothing as I enjoys comfort more and do not worry about other people's perception of me.

However, I am sure my wife will buy something for me to wear to visit her parents on New Year's Day.  I think the new clothing tradition no longer hold as dear before.  When we were in the third world status, all of us are poor and therefore rarely buy new clothing.  Today, we go shopping every weekend and will buy any new clothing on sales or caught our fancy.  So it is not so necessary to use new year as an excuse to buy.

No comments: