Saturday, December 22, 2012

Festive Mood

The carols, the lights and the cool temperature give out a festive atmosphere, holiday moods for Christmas and New Year.  I am at home taking it easy.  I have to figure out what to cook for guests visiting over the next few days. 

We have our extended family coming over during Christmas.  Mum, my sisters and all my nieces and nephews.  I am happy to have a get together regularly.  I missed all these family events when I lived in Canada for several years.  Now it is good to have family traditions and making sure my kids know their cousins.  I grew my with aunts, uncles and cousins.  My kids have totally different environment.  More nuclear family and isolated and do not know their extended family well.  Now only on public holidays they get the opportunity to meet aunts, uncles and cousins.  I am glad to be the one to host everyone.  It is nice to see the family growing bigger and older. 

I always welcome my boys to invite their friends and only B2 would take up this offer.  B2 is a lot more sociable and less self conscious. I enjoys the kids around the house.  Gives me a chance to understand and know the company my boys keep.  My wife's good friend will bring her family to visit as well.  Hurray for Christmas and New Year.

2 comments:

bohtong said...

Merry X'mas K and family.Hope all is well with you all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, BT. We are all well!
May the new year bring you and your partner and dogs more joys an prosperity. BL