Friday, November 02, 2012

Frogs

It rained frequently now that the rainy season is in.  At the PCN, the incomplete drain has stagnant water.  The amazing thing is how quick nature take advantage of the situation.  There are frog eggs.  it is a surprise as frogs usually do not stay in the field.  I did notice that a foreign worker catches frogs before.  He even know where to look.  They were hiding under a large rectangular plank.

Now, I am not surprised to see the frog's eggs.  I looked around and found a old plastic bag that used for coffee and washed it in the reservoir as it was very dirty.  With the plastic bag, I managed to bring back some of the eggs.  However, all the eggs sank into the water when I put them in water tank.  I think it may be not be viable after getting shocks when I hit bumps and uneven ground as I hang the plastic bag on the handle bar.

In the afternoon, B3 and I went to the same place to take more eggs.  Hopefully, some will survive and turned into tadpoles and then frogs in our pond.

No comments: