Monday, November 05, 2012

Field Work

B3 looked hard yesterday and today and cannot find any of the tadpoles in the big pond.  So, I did more field work to collect frog tadpoles.  I managed to collect three today and put them on a separate tank.   I do not know if they will survive and grow.  I like to see them developing into frogs.  Toads had gone through several generations in our pond.  This rainy season, they did not come.  I realised they must have known that there is a serious predator, the Arowana.  Usually, the toads will be croaking noisily at our front yard during rainy season, now the silence is very loud! 

On top of the tadpoles, there were a couple of tiny water fleas.  I put them in the sea monkey's container and hope they will grow big.  I like to see what are they.

Collecting water samples makes me feel like a kid again.  I am a child scientist now.  Tadpoles are the easy first steps for a child:)

No comments: