Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bonjour and Lavender

Both are bread shop near the hotel.  Just before checking out, I went to buy some of the interesting looking bread.  My family loved the cream puffs from Bonjour.  Luckily, I bought half a dozen.  They looked yummy and best of all cost RM2.80 each or slightly over a dollar Sin.  The same puff will cost S$2.50 in Singapore.  From Lavendar, it is the long Danish stick with cream that got my family's votes.  The other breads did not get special mention.  So my next trip to KL, I will just focus on the two winners and buy more of them instead.

Bonjour's sales staff is quite nice.  He knows that I am a visitor and asked if I am going to take a long time before eating the puffs.  So he get a ice-pack for me.  The garlic loaf is not so good.  Maybe it is no longer fresh and the french loaf gets very tough.  The olive loaf is quite nice.

From Lavender, we tasted the red bean in a long bun (average although looked appealing), cheese stick and cheese bun(both okay).  The round pastry bun with maple syrup is also ok.  Again looked delicious but does not taste as good as its look.

It is really fun to stay in different hotels with different malls.  We get to try out different kind of bread.  I was sad when Japanese loaf with custard bakery closed.  Each loaf is RM18 and I will always buy one loaf home and my boys loved them.  They can be kept in the fridge and toasted before eating.  It is quite heavenly actually. 

No comments: