Sunday, June 17, 2012

Get Together with My Brother's Family

Mum is leaving next week.  So I organized dinner so that she has a chance to meet and get together with my brother's daughters and his wife.  My sisters' daughters could not make it.  Two older girls came with their father.

My brother was amazing!  He remembered the date of our dinner which I told him during one of the niece's wedding a few weeks ago.  I did not remind him although I did remind my nieces through what's apps.  He bought chicken and sam hor - fried hor fun with sliced fish and beansprouts.  It is his first time thinking and buying food like potluck. 

I was busy in the morning buying ingredients to make laksa.  Laksa is easy with make with the kit from Prima Deli. 

I just have to buy the following:

- Beehoon (1.5kg pk)
- Beansprouts
- Tau pok (aka fried beancurd)
-  Prawns
-  Fish Cake (from Tiong Bahru)

The boys went prawn fishing in Punggol in the afternoon.  They were quite excited and happy to get good catch as the crowd was huge and the vendor put in a lot of live prawns into the pond when there are a lot of fishing rods.  It is good fun.  B2 and his girlfriend did not have the patience and went to eat at Popeye's.  B1 and B3 fished together and had a good time.

I also bought a mango cake from Prima Deli.  It has been maybe 10 years since I ate the mango cake.  I loved the cake and had it for birthday once (yes, probably more than 10 years ago).  I usually changed my mind about buying the cake after I heard the price.  Just my stingy instinct kicking in.  This time, I bought the cake since I have guests.  It is a funny thing.  I do not mind to spend on kids, nieces or even friends.  I gave $5,000 once to a friend who was going through difficult times.  It is a straight gift.  I told him not to worry about paying back.  Today, he is doing okay as a real estate agent.

No comments: