Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Silver Arowana

Silver Arowana is the cheapest of all arowanas.  We bought one for $25 and change.  The first one I bought which I thought was a deal for $35.  It died in less than a week as it jumped out of the pond.  Then I bought a couple more of the smaller silver arowanas and they all suffered the same fate.  My boys thought they commit suicides.  I told them it is natural for arowana to jump out of the pond.  This time I have a wire mesh weighed down by heavy bricks to prevent the fish from forcing its way out of the pond.

So far, the arowana is doing well.  I have also separate it in a smaller section as all the small goldfishes and red fishes disappear at an alarming rate.  Now, I hope it eat dried food.  I also hope I can keep it until it grow to adulthood.

No comments: