Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fully Booked!!

I have a guest from out-of-town tomorrow. I told him I will bring him to an award winning chef. I just tried to book a table and was unable to as it is fully booked for two weeks! What a shock! So I have shift to plan B. I have to search for the best Chinese resturants and look for alternative. Of course, the one I wanted to go was there. There are 9 other choices but some are too far or too expensive. I settled on Li Bai in Sheraton Towers as it is open early and right near Orchard where my guest is staying. Phew!

This morning, we had breakfast in Bishan. Josephine Teo, the MP for Bishan has a Kopi Talk at 9:30am. She came at 10am. It is interesting show of power. She sat down on the table and then asked the next table of old "aunties" who do regular exercise to join her. After some time, the old aunties excused themselves and then the assistants asked other people to go to the table. It is interesting format. She has many "volunteers" to help her. These volunteers will get people to go to her. It does not like serving people. People are serving the MP from my observations. Josephine Teo is there to explain the new healthcare program. However, I wonder how many will benefits as most who need it most are not educated or read the papers conscientiously. Neither will they be able to fill up the forms required to qualify. It is sad. At least the PAP government is trying to address the voters unhappiness. Our government is always very logical and explain rationale very well why the policies are the way they formulate. It does not matter how ordinary people are suffering or not getting the benefits of the policies. Losing one GRC has huge positive change. Now, there is recognition of aging workers' plight, healthcare issues and foreign talent. Before, it is we know best and it is really good for you as a community and good for Singapore.

Now, if losing one GRC can bring about this positive change, I am sure losing a couple more GRCs will improve the performance of the government even more. Let's hope the electorate wise up and vote more GRCs to opposition. We will get good and effective government who have no choice but to care for the people who elect them.

No comments: