Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Big Mess

Our aircon has maintenance contract and undergo routine servicing today. The technician recommended chemical wash as the condenser was clogged up with "jelly-like" substance. It is going to cost $200. So I thought I will just go to the hardware centre and buy the chemical and clean myself. The chemical cost only $13.50 and I was congratulating myself for saving money DIY in long form - do-it-yourself. Little did I know how mistaken I am.

I sprayed the chemical onto the condenser and a little splash onto my body and it stings! After that the chemical touches my fingers and they hurts!! The chemical is caustic and I did not use any protection. For an untrained person handling unknown cleaning chemical which is quite strong, I am not really equipped to do the job properly. After I sprayed the chemical, it start to foams out and drips to the floor with all the dirt. The floor even though protected by newspapers. The newspapers were no match. The chemical soaked through and damage the parquet floor. Rinsing the chemical means I have to spray water and lot of water. The drain pipe cannot handle and overflow causing more dirty water to drop onto the floor.

The mistress of the house and master of the universe was furious. NO! That was an understatement! She was so upset that I made just a big mess and dirty the room that my profuse apologies did not reduce her reprimands or criticisms of my sloppiness. Luckily, I have someone to help clear up the mess I made.

I had to eat water melon and pistachios nuts to calm my nerves. Everytime I felt bad, I had to snack. No wonder my weight is now at 89.5 kg. Exercising hard is not making an impact in my weight control.

On the positive side, I am busy at work organising and trips to meet customers and prospects. Today, I just found out one is based in Singapore. So I can meet up with them for lunch. It is nice to have customers in the same country.

No comments: