Saturday, February 04, 2012

What A Day!

Up early in the morning...6am and rush to hospital and look for my boy. No one at the reception in Day Surgery which is in Level 3 of Medical Centre in TTSH. Go to the visitor registration to find the security guard. After calling day surgery to look for my boy, the security guard sends me back with a instruction. Use the intercom.

When I get back, I saw the intercom and guess what!....there is an instruction just above the intercom. It read "Please use intercom from 7pm to 7am". When in a state of agitation, I did not look and read sign. Once I cannot open the door, I just look for a live person to help. It is natural and therefore, technology and signs will never replace the human touch.

After bringing B2 home, he wanted to shower. So I wrapped him up with the saran wrap for him to keep his wound dry. Unfortunately, it start to bleed while he was showering. We have to go to AMK Polyclinic to get his wound dressed. It was a huge queue. B1 followed along to see the doctor as well and has to wait for more than an hour just to register. After registration, he has to wait for 1 to 2 hours before the doctor can see him. B1 gave up. Meanwhile, I send B2 back home to rest.

I was so exhausted I fell asleep on the sofa! It is rare I nap on the living room.

No comments: