Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whacked in the Car Park

A Toyota Camry reversed into my car while I was trying to get into a shady carpark. I horned and horned to stop him from reversing into my car. He damaged my bumper. He stays on the phone for so long and claimed I reversed into him. DP works for the government. Not only did he not admitted or apologise for knocking into my car. He insisted he did not see me and I am the one who reversed into him.

I am shocked by the other driver's behaviour. The man who damaged my car works for the government in the finance capacity. It is a minor bump on the bumper of my car. I expected him to apologise and offer to pay for the damage. Instead he keep insisting I am at fault.

Many times when I read in the internet about the negative comments about our government, I thought some comments were extreme and maybe even prejudice. Now that I have personal experience, I can see why. I shall call this driver, DP. He is a senior person in a large government organisation. I would expect integrity and courtesy. Instead I received a arrogant attitude when he made me wait for more than 10 mins in the hot sun while he talks on the phone. Then he come out to make accusations instead of admitting fault. After that he find ways to finger point at me.

We called the police to resolve this dispute. Now I understand why our government is perceived negatively. With this kind of man in the organisation, it is clear the attitude is you are in the wrong no matter what. I know this is just one example but it is personal and real. Others must have similar encounters or experience when they have contacts with some people who worked for the government.

It is a sad day for me.

No comments: