Thursday, February 09, 2012

Journal Keeping aka Blogging

In TED, there is a talk on Happiness and the speaker recommended keeping a journal to record 3 things to be grateful about every day. In 30 days, all test subjects were measurably happier. I know I do try to blog about it and then lose steam.

I like to re-start and see if I can sustain the habit of writing what I should be thankful about for the day.

1. This morning, I have a beautiful ride on my hybrid Sanyo bike all the way from Yio Chu Kang to Pasir Ris Park. I may try to go further next time to Bedok PCN.

2. B2, Mummy and I went to Goddess of Mercy temple in Queens Street to pray and donate. We feel better to visit this temple regularly.

3. We had Bak Kut Teh (pork rib soup) which is quite popular in the coffeeshop in Rochor flats.

B2's open wound from his surgery is improving day by day. I have decided to change his dressings myself rather than to queue in the Polyclinic. We need not spend time waiting and it is also a lot more cost effective.

There are many things to be thankful about. I am surprised that it is easy to list out. I will keep at this for the next 29 days.

No comments: