Saturday, January 07, 2012

Up at 3 am!

I received a call at 3;11am in the morning. I tried calling back the number and it is engaged. This call wakes me up and I could not go back to sleep anymore. I have this peculiar issue of inability to fall back to sleep once I am interrupted or waken up. I always envy my wife who just fall back to sleep easily. It may be a woman's physiology i.e. waking up frequently in the night during pregnancy or waking up to feed the baby. It could also be training by her mum. Sleeping seems to be her siblings' hobby and pastime.

B2 was looked after by maternal grandma and he does sleep a lot. My mother-in-law every time she see the boys when they were young is repeating the mantra - go to sleep. Asking my boys to sleep while they are actively running around is so important to her. She would keep repeating over and over like a hypnotic chants. B2 until today still sleeps a lot more than B1 or B3. B1 and B3 were look after by use when they were baby and did not get the training "Po Po" gave.

Since I could not sleep, I decided to go to the 24 hours Koufu in Fernvale to drink tea and read yesterday's papers. There are a few customers there! Seems like there are quite a few people who have insomnia! I like coffee shops. They are place of social gathering of strangers. I bought a cup of teh (tea with condensed milk) and "rent" a place for a few mins. It is good to have company even though we do not talk to each other. Also the tv is on and it is very comforting...

No comments: