Thursday, January 05, 2012

Cool and Dry

I was cycling in the PCN at about 7pm. The temperature is cool and it is nice to exercise in this kind of weather. It also remind me of the time when El Nino is in effect. I used to visit Bedok Reservoir to learn how to fly wind soarers. It is very breezy and the wind blowing up the slope makes it a great site for flying gliders. It is silent and actually very enjoyable. No propellers, motor or engine required. Just use the wind to fly. I wished I learn how to fly effectively. I had only a few successful flights. My landings were horrible. I actually built a "Gentle Lady" which is suitable for beginners as it is just like a jigsaw puzzle. However, I still need an expert to help me cover the wings and do the washout. The washout makes the plane stable. The wing covering using heat shrink colourful plastics is a little challenging for beginners.

Anyway, the winds will change direction in Feb and the sloping soaring season will be over. Enjoy the cool wind for a few more weeks....

No comments: