Thursday, December 01, 2011

Old Malaya Cafe

This kopitiam is retro although price is not. The hot drinks are priced very reasonably and competitive to Ah Kun or Toastbox with a place to sit. So it is a good to "rent" a seat to read.

Our family had dinner there tonight with B1's girlfriend. We tried almost everything in the menu - chicken rice ball, Ipoh Hor Fun, Hor Fun with egg gravy, Penang Prawn Noodle, Penang Assam Laksa and Popiah. I would also recommend the Trucker's Chendol. It is a little on the sweet side but B2 loves it. B2 does not has a sweet tooth, so the taste must be good. Can drinks are a little pricey at $2/can.

The food tastes very much like local hawker fare rather than Penang's hawkers. I like the way the dishes are named. Gave me the atmosphere that I am in Malaysia, where I truly enjoys the delicious hawker food.

No comments: