Thursday, December 15, 2011

Florence

I like Florence! The water is soft compared to Rome(my tea did not turn black). Book shops are everywhere! It is a place of learning. The Medici family lived here. Medici was and probably to today a wealthy family who sponsored innovation and art during the renaissance. The city is smaller than the small city of Rome. It seems to me, at least, Rome is small relative to the Asian ones I frequent.

The church is really interesting with all the sculptures and paintings. I am staying right beside the Dome which is a huge church. It is a two room apartment and 40% cheaper than our apartment in Rome. We stayed in apartments that come with kitchen as much as we can so that we can save on meals. We have more homecooked meals than resturant meals so far. All the space in apartments are far bigger than hotels. It is good as I am usually up before my boys and will not disturb them.

Asians tourists are in abundance in here. A family was walking by me while I wait for my wife who is doing price checks. The adults were speaking Cantonese among themselves. My first thought was "ah! Hong Kong" Then they swiched to Mandarin to the kids. They are from Malaysia,probably KL since Cantonese is the dominant dialect there.

It rained yesterday. So we were all wet. We tried the pizza here. It was tastier in Rome.

No comments: