Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sad News

Today I discover someone I know many years ago has died. He was one of my first customer when I was a technician repairing Apple II computer. He had a boat and my girlfriend and I went sailing with him once. It was very nice to sail using wind as the boat is quiet and only the sound of waves and swishing as the boat cuts through the water.

He worked in GE and I guess it is retirement that killed him. He was a senior leader. I remember having a meal with him and he wanted to buy some small companies to run. After that we lost touch. Now I know he has returned to US in 2000 and died in 2005.

I am sorry to get this news. I always remember riding on his gold Mercedes. His Malay chaffeur borrowed money from me and disappeared. His secretary was very sweet but died young of cancer. Another chapter of someone I know has close.

No comments: