Sunday, August 07, 2011

Future and Forecast

Since Kinokuniya has 20% discount, I acquired a couple of titles on future. I noticed British authors are getting more exposure in the book scene. It used to be mainly American, now more British and Australian authors are featured. I like American authors more as I prefers their straightforward style. British titles are harder to complete from cover to cover at least for me. Even Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth is not crack open yet although I enjoyed the TV serial so much. I must get the audio version as it is easier to read when I am riding.

I wonder many times I read and learn so much but not translating into wealth. Knowledge alone cannot make me rich. I am reading and learning about so many business topics and issues and have opinion. However, I am not successful. Now the stock market is down. My net worth strunk as a result. I should be looking at opportunity to buy.... yet the possibility of the market dropping further. I wish I have foresight instead of hindsight! All my learning did not help me to do well in the stock market.

No comments: