Thursday, August 11, 2011

Embarking on New Grounds

I went to National Library to borrow audiobooks. I chose fiction this time. Since reading fiction helps the mind and improves thinking ;) I also think it is time to enjoy fiction. It can be engaging and hard to put down like Stephen King's stories. I chose short stories so that it is not so tedious. I listened to Ken Follet's story and it is very interesting but too long. Takes more than two weeks to listen.

I have been reading only non-fiction for many years. Reviewing my reading habits, I have been reading non-fiction for many years. I think I stopped reading fiction when I have to do literature for "O" level. I did not enjoy analysing stories, what did the authors have in mind when they write certain passages, what messages readers are supposed to receive, blah, blah, blah. It takes the pleasure of reading! I focus on non-fiction to improve my performance at work and climb the corporate ladder. Nowadays, I read just to keep up with the management and leadership research published by management thinkers and professors

After such a long break from fiction, I feel I am embarking on new grounds again. The Short Stories - Ernest Hemingway and The Cassandra Compact - Robert Ludlum...here I come!

No comments: