Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Eating can be Dangerous

We try a new resturant in KL. Traditional zhi char with salted chicken, roast chicken, roast duck and other Cantonese fare. I ordered a bunch of dishes and all of them taste rather good. Most of the food were eaten up. Only the roast duck was not popular.

There is only one or two of us in the table of 9 that did not feel anything. A colleague and I had diahorrea. Two had stomach upset as they have high tolerance for local food. I did not have a chance to check with a couple of other colleagues. This resturant is now on my banned list.


On the positive note, we tried a resturant that serves pork. It was fantastic. The barbeque pork ribs and pork belly were awesome. We also tried their apple crisp and bread pudding ala mode. I polished of the leftovers of both desserts. No wonder my weight keeps going up. Weak resistance to hi-cal sweets!

I need to control my food passion. We had durians on Monday evening and I felt sick after dinner. It took two hours of walking to clear my discomfort. Luckily, my body managed to fight and recover. Eating in KL can be dangerous....

No comments: