Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Worrying Feeling

I was browsing books as usual when I feel funny in my chest. I have this kind of feeling before and it is something that I know something is wrong. The last time this feeling happens, I had a pnemothorax. I refused to admit or go for checkup and live with one lung for more than a year. Then I have to go for x-ray for as part of the admission procedure to Singapore Poly. Before going for the x-ray, I know I may have to go to hospital for the bad feeling I had in my chest. After waiting for a few days to get my x-rays, this is in the good old days where x-rays takes a few days to develop rather than today instanteous on the computer or 10 mins on film, I was required to see the radiologist. My heart sank knowing whatever I had, it has shown up. True enough, the radiologist told me I had a severe case of pnemothorax and need to go to hospital immediately. I told him I had no symptoms and life is normal for me, so I was reluctant to go. He told me if I do not treat it, my lung may get infected and then there is no choice but to remove which is a worse procedure than punching a hole and sucking out the air. He wrote a letter and I took leave from school to have my lung reinflated or rather the air in my pleural cavity removed.

Now, the bad feeling is the heart. I think something may be wrong. I have bad diet - love all the oily cholesterol clogging food that will plug my coronary arteries. I have been exercising regularly but it does not prevent my arteries from narrowing or hardening.

Hold it! Whoa! I just blurb so it may be just air trapped in my stomach. Oh, darn it!! Am I just too paranoid? Maybe it is just a case off too much gas from the Vietnamese noodles I ate for dinner. What will be will, sigh....

No comments: