Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mosquitoes

My place is full of mosquitoes. We have a weekly fogging and checks by Pest Control contractor but it is not killing the mosquitoes. I wonder if the heat is causing more mosquitoes to breed. I also wonder if there are breeding grounds in our estates. I cannot sit outside to read as the mosquitoes attacked all the time causing unpleasant itch and angry blotches. The mosquitoes are quite smart too. They seems to know I am ready to whack them and stop biting once they noticed I am watching and waiting for them to enjoy their feast before I slapped them into oblivion. It is the satisfaction of making sure they do not repeat their acts of spreading itch and potential disease such as west nile or dengue. However, I will suffer itch for a few days as it is important to make sure they are drinking blood which will slow down their reaction. Otherwise, they usually escape.

No comments: