Monday, June 06, 2011

Office Stories

I am a believer in MBWA or Management by Walking About. I talk to my colleagues whenever I am in town. I learn two of my colleagues had to be hospitalised for stress-related issues. One of them twice. After hearing the stories, my stress issue is relatively minor. Or the other possibility is my ability to cope is better. One of my colleagues suggested it may be my mode of working. It may be possible but I think exercise and plenty of snacks help me cope with stress.

The office team and I had good meals as usual. Lunch was Penang food. I had fried mee sua, chicken lobak, mango salad, fruit rojak and a drink that come with a sng buay. HK suggested Indian food for dinner. We had curry mutton steaks, dry curry mutton, curry chicken, fried chicken, fried pigeon, fried fish, fried cuttlefish with rice and vegetables on a banana leaf. All of us enjoys the food very much. I had mango lassie for drink and also tried their chappati and paper thosai.

Sitting on my butt, eating delicious food with ravenous appetite is recipe for weight gain. I managed to buy my snacks - nuts and preserved guava for the stimulating saliva glands, I have plenty of exercise to do once I returned home. This is a rare time I am out on such a long trip to KL. I have to control my calorie intake before I balloon out of control.

No comments: