Sunday, May 29, 2011

Water Pump Replaced

The water pump in my pond finally gave up. It has been pumping 24/7 for almost 7 years. The rotator center was so worn out that it has become a slot rather than a round cylindrical hole. I had bought a pump wrongly before and it cost me $160 from the nursery in Thomson Road. I was a little reluctant to back there to get to be ripoff again. Luckily, my wife reminded me that about the nursery near my home. We went there and the selection was limited to one brand. So I decided to go to the aquarium to see if I can get a large silver arowana for $35. The aquarium has a whole range of pumps! I bought a pump for S$14, really inexpensive and it works when I installed it in my pond. I feel so accomplished to do practical work. The outcome is clear and concrete. Now my water is flowing again and it looks good, the water clears up and my fishes are swimming happily.

The only disappointment is there are no large arowanas. Only small ones and they are priced at $18 instead of $12 before. So I did not buy any.

Working with my hands feels good. I should do more handy work.

No comments: