Sunday, May 01, 2011

In the Dead of the Night...

Chomp Chomp is alive and full of young adults roaming about and drinking designer coffee. I was quite tired and sleepy after taking two tablets for sore throat but unable to sleep. My mind is spinning away over work issues. So I decided to get up and go for a spin in my energy saving and environmentally-friendly Prius.

The Indian Muslim roti prata coffee shop is crowded and full. Good thing as I was thinking of drinking my favorite beverage, teh halia. Teh halia would have kept me awake for hours. I roam about people watching and exploring which shops are still open. There are plenty. Finally, I decided to try Cold Storage to see if I can get Lucoade, which is a glucose based drink by SmithKline Beecham. Lucoade helps in rebuilding strength, getting rid of tiredness and recovery from flu. However, the 24 hours Cold Storage does not have any and I settle for Vitamin Jelly instead.

So well past midnight, Chomp Chomp is alive. I noticed a few unsavory characters lurking around as well. Singapore is a safe place and I do not feel threaten at all.

No comments: