Friday, March 04, 2011

Result is Out for "A" Level

It has been an anxious few days since the announcement that "A" level results will be released this afternoon. During our dinner on Wed, mummy in order to relief the tension for B1 counts how many points he will get for worst case scenario. I went to school today. The Principal was presenting the total AJC results. It was a huge improvement over the previous years result. The Principal is quite happy. However, there are a few with poor results. Everyone was cheering and clapping. I am worried for those whose results were not so good. I know that there are only a few winners that is the top few students who are going to the stage to get their results. The rest in the audience will be like losers. I get this kind of feeling with a lump on my throat cursing or kicking myself for not getting better results by working harder. Worst of all is to know that you are in the small and select group of failure in the school where more than 50% have at least one A in their results.
The top student was announced and it is a girl. I felt a tinged of disappointment. Next top student is another girl...sigh! Then it is the top Malay student and two top Indian students - no emotion there. The Principal displayed the slide of the list of 17 students with full score of 90 points. It was hard the read as the font size is small due to the huge number of students and I am sitting in the middle of the school hall. B1's name was somewhere in the middle. I read again just to be sure. Then I saw him running to the stage. Yes! It is confirmed! He has full score and straight As for all his subjects. He collects his certificate from the Principal and has his picture taken. Yippee, yippee, ya, ya!
We are very happy!

2 comments:

boh tong said...

BL u must be very proud of your son.

BookLover said...

Yes BT, we are very proud. Thank you!