Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Fear of Pain

I got a shock when I view my blog just now. I have not updated it for two days and did not even realised it. I must have forgotten my regular habit of writing before going to bed.
Today, I went to NUH Dental Center this morning to fix my toothache. It has been aching for a couple of weeks. Prof Chew does not do root canal. So he checked around for another dentist for me. Unfortunately, everyone is tied up and so I have to wait. He also told me my regular dentist now work one day a week in Paragon with his classmate. I called the clinic and he is working today. So I asked if he is available and the clinic assistant asked me to go over to wait. I rushed there and he was upset that I did not stay at NUH for treatment. Anyway, after a while he is nice again but I was a little sheepish and docile. Incredible pain makes a man weak. He tells me this is a torture technique where teeth are drilled without any anaesthesia to gain information and after getting the pain usually people will give out any information that is required. I am glad he has found a way to fix my teeth. Now that he is in Paragon, the charges are so much more expensive. I do not have a choice. Sigh....

No comments: