Sunday, March 27, 2011

Disaster Preparedness

I am thinking about Japan and all the disasters that is happening around the world. We are all living in a city. We have running water and electricity all the time. I wonder if we can survive without food, water or electricity for prolong period. We are so pampered and used to the modern conveniences of "civilised" living that I am afraid we are vulnerable and unable to fends for ourselves in a disaster. I am thinking about what to I should do to prepare for disaster. First should be mental preparedness. Grace and resilience are the key words for Japanese currently under siege by the three simultaneous disasters. I spoke to my boys and told them they have to survive no matter what happen. Hopefully, they are prepared for the day we all hope will never come.

No comments: