Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random Thoughts

The shiny cool and bright malls I enjoyed in downtown Bangkok is consuming vast amount of energy and resources. Plenty of designer stuff, fancy sport cars, all kinds of sports equipment, audiophiles toys and giant bookshops are hastening the depletion of Earth resources. I wonder if my enjoyment is hastening the demise of our Mother Earth.

The traffic jams were horrendous last night on my way back to the hotel. I was thinking of all the energy burnt as millions of cars were just simply sitting there idling and aircond at full blast. Everyone should be driving Prius. The engine does not idle when the car is not moving. We will be saving huge amount of energy and releasing less carbon and pollution.

Food shortages due to extreme weather. Last year was Russia - wheat. This year, it is China. As I read all these news, I wonders if all the dire predictions are coming true!

No comments: