Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Inflation Again

Yes, I am suffering from pain in the neck after I woke up. It is awful. I have slept in such an awkward position my neck muscles are strained trying to hold it in position. Plus working on the computer... man! reading a magazine is difficult as well. Now, it is time to bed. I hope I sleep in a position that will allow my neck to recover.
This morning I bought my regular fried beehoon with fried chicken wing and otah. The meal cost $3.10! I have been reading the news and reports of unrest in Egypt and Tunisia are due to inflation of food prices. Just a couple of months ago, this meal would cost no more than $2.50. It is more than 20% increase! The price of tea in the coffeeshop now cost $1. It was 90 cents. Now Starbucks, Coffee Beans and Tully are luxury drinks at $6 per cuppa. Even Ah Kun increased price by 20cents to $1.50 per cup. My pay has not kept pace with inflation. I am quite sure many others are in the same boat.
It is important for our government to tackle inflation. Otherwise, we are all in trouble.

No comments: