Friday, January 28, 2011

Pitch Black

It is pitch black and cold outside. I have been awake for an hour now and writing my blog. Occupying myself until dawn. I can go for breakfast in an hour and half. Same food everyday - scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, wafers and American biscuits with gravy. The fruit section has my usual favorite, pineapple and something usually unavailable at home - raspberry, gooseberry and blueberry. The bread section is not exciting - the bagels are big but tasteless, other types of bread which do not look appealing to me. Americans are into quantity rather than quality. Bread selection is broad in Europe and each country have many different ways of making their bread. I am always thinking about food and worrying about my weight. I need a different mindset.

No comments: