Monday, January 31, 2011

Complaining - That What We Do

My friend and fellow blogger, Boh Tong is blogging about The Ugly PPS passengers. The crews and ex-crews has a field day writing in the comments and expressing their frustrations and anger towards the passengers. Some also highlight great passengers especially the late Mrs. Lee Kuan Yew. I have written compliments to on the crews whenever I had a pleasant experience or notice a hardworking stewardess with a great attitude. Singapore Airlines acknowledges my feedback and also promised to forward my compliments to the appropriate crews. I love Singapore Airlines not just for the young and sweet looking stewardess (although this does help!) but for the service and positive disposition. It seems the cabin crews have lots of grievances and misgivings with their interactions with demanding passengers. No shortage of complaints there. Some highlights a few nice rich and famous personalities like movie stars.
Personally, I think most passengers are very regular i.e. they are neither nice or nasty. Crews being human remembers all the nasty incidents. I bet they don't remember any of nice compliments they get but remembers all the complaints. Complaints are easier to remember as it is negative and there is an action plan or change in behaviours required by the airline. Compliments? Well, it is expected and very quickly forgotten.
Boh Tong is an ex-crew, so he has the views of cabin crew. I am a passenger and so have the perspective of a Customer. Crews are some times not nice and Customers too! Most time, Crews are warm and courteous and Customers too!

1 comment:

boh tong said...

Thank u BL for the article...think I should direct my readers here as you as a PPS has a positive view of the crew and SIA.