Thursday, December 23, 2010

On Writing - Stephen King

As I read this book or rather listen, I am beginning to feel that a writer is born rather than developed through hard work and time. Stephen King start writing in Grade school and selling his stories to his classmates. He then progress to magazines and then novel. The gift of writing is amazing. It is also a lot of hardwork. In another book, Think Better, Haruki Murakami is quoted to writing a novel take one year. Then the 2nd year is spent rewriting the book seven or eight times. According to the statistics, King is the all time bestseller who sold more books than any other living authors. I wrote my blog just once and have not edited them until the writing is smooth and polished. It is just natural rough form. Maybe I will need to set up another blog to do better articles.

No comments: