Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Far East Plaza

I know it is pathetic. I took my holiday revisiting memory lane in a shopping mall. Far East Plaza is a jumbled up mix of individual shops. I used to frequent Far East Plaza when I was working in Shaw Centre from 1988 to 1990 for a medical device company. The layout of the mall is still the same but the tenants have changed. It was fairly rundown in the good old days. I remember enjoying meals in one of the first Hong Kong Noodle Resturant in the corner. Lunch along Orchard Road is always more expensive than any other area. Even Shenton Way is cheaper with the Lau Pa Sat. I was a Product Manager at that time and single. So I could afford to pay more for my daily lunch. Far East Plaza has also a few of the small shops that is similar to hawkers but at slightly higher price. They are still there today! Some things still stay the same. However, the difference is today it is a hangout for young adults with many shops selling clothing and accessories targeted to this market.
I am enjoying my holiday.

No comments: