Sunday, November 21, 2010

Early Bird Catches the Fish

My wife could not take my reminder that she will wake up early to "catch" fish yesterday. We arrived at fishmonger quarter past eight and the nice fishes are sold out. So she woke up at 5:15am this morning. I was shocked as she is a sleep queen. Actually, her entire family's key recreation is sleeping. I kid you not. My father-in-law or brother-in-law would come to my house for gathering and they will find a comfortable place and in a few mins will be snoring away. Anyway, since she woke up early, I got up and we went to the fishmonger. On the way to the wet market, my wife was a little skeptical that the fishmonger is open and will be ready for business. We arrived and hey presto! he is selling. In fact, there is a crowd in front of his stall. We bought a red snapper and ikan kurau which he deboned. We also bought frozen scallops and squids. Having seafood is a recent change for my family.

3 comments:

boh tong said...

Which wet market was it BL?

BookLover said...

Kovan. Right beside was a bus terminal no longer in operation. The fishmonger is closed on Monday and Wednesday.

boh tong said...

Thanks BL