Saturday, October 02, 2010

Jet Lag?

I am wide awake past midnight. I am probably suffering from jetlag. India is two and half hours behind Singapore. Dinner was late every night. We had excellent Indian food and my weight is up. The chicken tikka, lamb bryani, butter naan and fresh lime soda sweet...yummy!

The dust and honking on the road is also incredible as in Incredible India. Fresh coconut are available on the roadside for 10 rupees or S$0.30...incredibly good value:). Traffic conditions has not change a wee bit since I first landed in India 26 years ago. There are more cars and more international brands. Before the market was open, there were only Ambassador, Premier and Maruti (Suzuki-Tata) joint venture cars on the road. Of course bullock carts and camels cart were use in the rural areas. I did not travel out of big cities except going to the airport. In Bangalore, the farms are using tractors. No chance to travel through the semi-desert where camels were the main mode of transport.

I am so lucky to be born in Singapore.

No comments: