Sunday, October 24, 2010

Changi Point Beach

B3, baby of the family was interested to catch octopus, starfish and seahorse. His sudden interest in marine animals is whet by the temporary aquarium stall in Thomson Plaza. Going to Changi Point brought back childhood memories. It was more than 40 years that I was last there. I recalled my father brought a case of 24 bottles of F&N orange soda. We spent the day at the beach and I was sunburnt with plenty of water-filled blisters on my back. The beach is quite clean but there are no living things on the sands unlike beaches in Malaysia or Australia. Beaches elsewhere have crabs or hermit crabs scurrying around. The water is muddy whereas in Malaysia, you can see right through the clear blue water and see all the life beneath the water.

No comments: