Friday, September 10, 2010

JCO - Bugis Junction

Hari Raya Holiday and B1, the eldest has tuition in North Bridge Road. So B3 and I after checking out if there is any good books in Kino which offers 20% discount and there were none, we went to Toys section to check out Mighty Beans. B3 is a big fan of Mighty Beans now. It is just a ball bearing in a short plastic tube. We did not buy anything and adjourn to JCO, a donut chain to read and have a cuppa.

I decided on hot chocolate so that I can share with my boy. A regular cost S$5 and comes with a free donut. The sofa seat in JCO is a lot more comfortable than Ah Kun's. We sat there and I read the Reader's Digest while B3 play games with the iPhone. The place was quite empty at half past eleven. By 12:30pm, many teenagers and young adults fill up all the empty seats. I do not frequent this place as it is quite pricey in my opinion unless I need to spend a few hours in relative comfort. Maybe the kids are doing the same. It is relatively cheap and good value if you are going to spend time hanging out and chatting with friends, then $5 for a few hours is good value. Ah Kun attracts the more mature customers at the price of $1.50 per cuppa. Ah Kun also makes it table and stools extremely small to make it uncomfortable anyone to stay for too long. This will generate higher turns and increase revenue.

JCO donut place is position lower price than Starbucks or Coffee Bean. I did not try their latte and do not know the taste. Maybe next time.

No comments: