Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The China Study

We are what we eat! The China Study is a landmark study on the diet and the link to modern diseases. The best food for us is complex carbohydrates. This reminds me of Macrobiotics - The Japanese Way of eating unprocessed cooked grains and cereals.

I am now mixing brown rice with white rice for our homecooked dinner. I am thinking to slowly switchover to more brown or other unpolished rice. As I read The China Study, it seems cancer, heart disease and other "Western" ailments can be attributed to the consumption of meats and other animals products such as cheese and eggs. Eating plants is the healthy choice.

I am an omniovre and need my meats - satay, tonkatsu, yakitori beside my veg. So it will be difficult for me to switch diet...

No comments: