Sunday, August 01, 2010

Ten to Six in the morning, loud peals of thunders and a full bladder woke me up. I get up to relieve myself and go up to my roof garden to take a closer look at the sky. The sky are orangy red in colour. The clouds were high. Lightnings were flashing. It looked ominous.

I did my usual routine, turning on the television tuning in Channel News Asia. The scrolling headline at the bottom of the screen caught my eyes. "Pakistan: 800 deads in the worst floods in living memory". Torrentical rains and floods in China dominated the news in the past few days.

Flash floods in the Singapore for the past few months, worst in recent memory. Ever a pessimist, in contrast with my ex-colleague and friend, Tony (President of Optimist Club!), I wonder if the floods are due to better communication or signs of Earth Pole Shift or 2012 when the world as we know it comes to an end.

I can almost hear Tony saying oh! this is just a blip in the weather pattern. the world is not coming to an end. Remember Y2K? Well 2000 come and gone. We are all still here!

As I write, the thunderstorm has whittled down to steady drizzles. Maybe the world is not coming to an end...

No comments: