Saturday, May 08, 2010

My Dream House

I have a dream. I always want to retire in a remote village(okay, maybe not so remote) where the weather is cool and easily accessible to airport, city and bookshops. Internet and healthcare availability is non-negotiable.

Now I think if I can build my own custom house, I may be able to retire here in Singapore. My dream house will be eco-friendly with solar heater, solar panels and windmill for power and water collection system for rain water. There should be a lap pool and a vegetable garden. No, I will not rear my own food. Meat still have to come from the supermarkets. There should be a bedroom each for my boys and the rooms must be big enough to accomodate their wives. A spare bedroom for my mum if she visit from Canada. There must be a roof garden so that we reflect less heat out. I am thinking my current location has plenty of such advantage as it is remote and cheap by Singapore real estate standards. However, it is missing the green elements. So I may have to look for somewhere in Neo Tiew Road where there are plenty of farms. There my dream may have a chance to become a reality.

No comments: