Friday, April 16, 2010

Record Cold Weather in Suzhou and Shanghai

We had our butts frozen in Suzhou and Shanghai. Even my colleague from the frozen north aka Canada felt cold. Hailstones fell yesterday afternoon when we were on the road to visit our Customer. Seems like weather forecast from yahoo is not as reliable as before. I was caught under dressed two weeks ago in Japan. This time quite clearly I did not learn my lesson trusting the forecast again. My colleague was smart to take a warmer set of clothing as she had similar experience two weeks ago in Guangzhou.

This morning, Shanghai warms up and it is quite comfortable. According to the locals, this is record cold temperature in history.

At the airport, there were passengers trying to return to Europe and were stranded as all flights were cancelled due to the volcanic ash spewing high up in the atmosphere grounding all aircrafts. It will be terrible to be stuck. I recalled I was stranded in US during 9/11. And it was difficult. I feel sorry for the people who were stranded.

I am sooo happy to be back home. Yes, home sweet home!

No comments: