Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Rush is On!

Look like everyone is buying grocery for Chinese New Year in Hougang Point aka Festival Market. At 9pm, when I was leaving the mall, plenty of cars are still queuing to come in as the car park is full. The queues at the cashiers are long like snakes. All cashiers counters are open to boot. So it FairPrice share is publicly traded, it will be a good stock to invest.

Why do we have to buy so much food during Chinese New Year? A lot of food are wasted as we all buy enough to feed everyone else i.e. visiting relatives. Say if I buy enough for all my sisters and their families and they in turn buy the same quantity, then just my immediate family alone will have three times the amount of food. Then my wife siblings does the same things and you can now see the multiplier effect of making sure we all have enough food during CNY.

No comments: