Friday, December 04, 2009

What a Suah Ku!!

I am a REAL Suah Ku (Hokkien for mountain beetle). Suah Ku is Singlish for ignorant. I only know 3 nature spots to go in Singapore. My reader gave me a laundry list most I have not heard off..."We have more than Botanic Gardens, Macritchie Reservoir and Sungei Buloh.
Try the Southern Ridges, Kent Ridge, Sentosa, Changi Village, Kranji farms, Keppel Island, and the four other reserviors."

B3 is looking forward to Universal Studios. He is always asking when will it be open. This is our next new thing to do.

Singapore is a place to work and raise kids. I am not sure about nature, fishing, space and even simply just driving around a reserve. In Canada, Algonquin Park in Ontario is a 3 hours drive. Just driving around to "eat wind" i.e. sightseeing by road is simple pleasure in Ontario. We just drive around in summer, drop by farms in fall and have picnic in the many parks around Oakville. We loved going to Maple Chicken farm to eat the deep fried chicken(way better than KFC) and buy home the different frozen chicken parts for cooking. Or pick apples and drink fresh apple cider. Maple farm is another of our favorite to-do.

My boys now know only Takashimaya, Plaza Singapura, Suntec City, Vivo City, and ION. For my Canadian readers, they are all the names of the different malls in Singapore.

No comments: