Friday, December 25, 2009

Lee Wei Ling - the Writer

Last Sunday, Wei Ling wrote about the simple holiday she had growing up. She is nostalgic about the days where she spent time at the beach and do simple stuff like collecting seashells and play games. She also talk about playing with CN Lee, son of KC Lee. CN Lee is now the Head of Cardiothoracic in National Heart Center and she is the Head of Pediatric Neurology.

I know CN Lee a long time ago when he was a Cardiothoracic Surgeon when National University Hospital just started. He did not want to be the Head of Department and deal with the politics. So he invited Saw Huat Seong over from University Hospital in KL to be the Head of Dept. After a few years, he left for private practice and recently, that is a few years ago, he was invited back to head up the National Heart Center. I am only speaking this from memory through reading the news. So I may get a few things wrong here. So don't quote from this blog:)

I enjoys reading Wei Ling's writing. She is an accomplished overachiever and is nostalgic about simple things in life. She espouses frugal lifestyle, actually more spartan than I prefer. Her flashbacks on the good o'days are something I can identify. She was in Pre-U when I started my secondary 1 in the same school. So when she talk about her school days, I experienced part of it. She was a runner and broke some records in school athletics as well.

No comments: