Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What I like about KL

I will be in KL next week. There are many things I like about KL... The cost of living in KL is a lot lower than Singapore. There are many fabulous resturants - international chains like Chilli's and Friday's, Thai or Vietnamese food, Malay food and best of all the hawker centres. I love the hawker centers in KL because the hawkers specialties are quite different from home. Wanton mee is black sauce, Penang kway teow is white and Prawn noodle or hey mee soup is very tasty. Even bak kut teh or pork ribs soup have different varieties and use herbs rather than pepper.

There is a huge Borders and MPH in Mid-Valley Mall. The white coffee is far superior than the Kopi in Ah Kun. Kaya toast come with brown kaya instead of pandan green. Nasi lemak rice is in serve in the shape of a cup. What is missing is teh halia.

The girls in KL are warm and friendly whereas Singapore girls will look at you with suspicions. The guys skinny and underweight and made Singapore men look obese.

Yes, I am looking forward to my white coffee fix next week.

No comments: