Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blogging Not Allowed In China

Sorry for not updating my blog since Monday. Blogging is not allowed in China. It is not just Blogger.com, Multiply.com and other blogs as well. Now the ban is quite widespread and in both the cities I was in, Dalian and Shanghai. Usually, I get access in some cities as I travel across China. This blogs were totally blotted out!

It is my first time to Dalian and flying domestic is now similiar to flying in US. Plenty of flight delays. It is really exhausting to wait in the airport for the aircraft to take off. The standard excuse was flight congestion. Yet, when I fly international airline like my favorite Singapore Airlines from the same airport, the plane still manage to take off on time. In future, I must use better domestic airlines. Otherwise, the travel day will be long, very long.

Dalian is quite a nice city. Dinner was Mao Tse Dong's favorite, braised pork. It was really tasty and good. Only problem is the MSG or monosodium gutamate is too much. I felt really thirsty after dinner and have to drink three bottle of water. The next day we had steam boat and Beijing duck for lunch. It is interesting to eat traditional steamboat i.e. one that use real fire in the middle. The soup base and food keep sizzling. The sound effects brought back memories of steamboat meal during Chinese New Years when I was growing up.

Shanghai is basically under contruction everywhere. Roads are bumpy and jammed all the time. The best ride is still the maglev which go up to 431km/hr. Ride is about 7 minutes from Long Yang Station to the airport which by car will take 45mins.

Dinner in Shanghai was ribs at Tony Romas with potatoes soup with my colleagues. It was an excellent meal.

No comments: