Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Two days in Kuala Lumpur

I was in KL on Monday and Tuesday and stayed in Sunway Lagoon Hotel. Internet access cost RM50, an outrageous amount. There are free internet in Sunway mall and the coffee shop. I was too tired to surf the internet in the mall or at a cafe as the day was long and it was one meeting after another.

Hence I did not update this blog for two days.

Sunway Mall has a new wing. There are lots of new stores. I think KL is a shopping heaven. There are plenty of resturants with unique flavours. Plenty of old style coffee franchise as well. Hawker food at premium price but served in a nice environment and complementary WIFI.

KL is wonderful city except for the crime. It is very vibrant and has my favorite pastime Mega-bookstores like Borders and Kinokuniya for browsing. MPH is big but selection is tired.

I was embarassed by birthday celebration in Friday's. I was made to stay on the chair and had to sing which was impossible for me. The song cannot be a nursery rhyme or children song or a whole of other elimination to ensure high level of difficulty. I gave some friendly threat of dismissal for the one who put me on this tight spot. Very quickly, the waiter was happy to accomodate after realising it may not be a good idea to force most senior guy, actually the only old guy on the table. I got off with a speech. Phew!

3 comments:

janette said...

Happy Belated ?th birthday!!
A daring one to put you up on the chair (salute) =p

boh tong said...

Happy B/D to u BL! Must be 90 oredi..hehehe

BookLover said...

No, lah! Early celebration because the girls took advantage of me going up.

Don't kid me okay, BT. I am getting older no doubt and younger at heart.